Sunday, November 30, 2008

PARADISE

This living in the sun sometimes screws with your view of reality, you keep thinking it is June even when you are serving turkey to 50 guests... goble goble..

I was cooking from 7AM to 5PM (dinner was at 5PM) there were suppose to be 3 turkeys and two people making dressing (I was one of them) and only one making gravy (guess who). Well, I was the one who had her turkey done and ready to serve at 5PM, had enough stuffing for all concerned (and it was fabulous) and my gravy was super... needless to say I will NEVER volunteer for this much work ever again.... In the end we were cleaning the kitchen till after 11PM. We were the only ones with NO turkey, stuffing or gravy on Friday... and that just sucks!

Everyone coming from Isla Iguana invited their friends and brought salad, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and pies... I want to be one of these people next year... just bring a salad or a store bought pie! Guess I was the newby sucker this year.

We have gone out with friends on their boat, they are super people and everyone down here for the holiday were really great. Everyone is leaving today or tomorrow and going home, won't be back till Feb or March so the core of people here will weather out Christmas together...

I am decorating my Ficus tree on the patio for my Christmas tree. The pointsettias are fabulous down here and really cheap so there will be lots of them on the patio.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.
Jan andRandy

1 comment:

Judie and George said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving even though it sounds like you did a lot of the work. Sometimes that's what happens. And I like your comment about every day being Saturday. I think of you, down in the sun, and having lots of Saturdays!