Friday, February 15, 2008

One more get-up

Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for. At 3:45AM when I get up I will dress nicely as it will be the last day I have to truly go to work.

I was dumbfounded when I found out they were actually giving me a party! Me! I really thought there were not enough people that had noticed me in the 8 years I have been here. Suprise. I will try to post a picture after the party.

My husband is also giving me a party.. Another surprise... I don't know if I can handle the excitement. I keep hearing different people say that they will "see" me on Saturday... I am speechless. I can't believe all these people would spend their Saturday with me rather than at a good bar.

I will spend the the rest of my retirement trying to figure this out and thanking God that I have so many friends that want to spend my last day of work and the start of my new life with me.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Judie and George said...

Jan! I had to register to make the comment I made, and then they deleted it! RATS. As I said, congratulations. I am confused but assume you went back to the railroad long enough to retire. Puerta Vallarta looks wonderful. I guess this means Lake Chipala is out? I can't wait to see what's next, and I love your blog name.
Buena suerte!